2019-Present Online Teaching Certificate. May 2019
Lamar Institute of Technology
2008 – 2011 EdD. Higher Education, May 2011
Department of Educational leadership
Beaumont, TX 77710
2003 – 2005 MS. Chemistry, August 2005
Department of Chemistry & Physics
Beaumont, TX 77710
1998 – 2003 BA Chemistry, May 2003
Florida Atlantic University
Boca Raton, FL 33343
1997 – 1998 Associate of Arts Psychology, May 1998
Broward Community College
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33431
1994 – 1997 Tomball College
Tomball, TX 77613
1993- 1994 High School Diploma
Altus High School Altus, OK
Faculty Incentive Award, Lamar State College-Port Arthur (2008)
Phi Kappa Phi, Honors Scholarship Award; awarded to the top 1% of FAU students (April 2003)
Inductee, Golden Key International Honor Society (February 2002) President’s Honor List, Florida Atlantic University (January 2002) Dean’s Honor List, Florida Atlantic University (September 2002)
SG& MSO, Florida Atlantic University, Executive Leadership Award (2002)
MSO, Women’s Chair Service Award (2002)
Student Government (SG), Elected Senator, FAU (2002-2003)
Recognized, Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges (2001-2002)
Online Teaching Certificate. Lamar Institute of Technology. (April, 2019-present)
● Adjunct Chemistry Instructor (August 2013-present)
Lamar Institute of Technology. (face to face, remote, and hybrid). Introduction to chemistry lecture and lab and General Chemistry I&II Lecture and lab.
● General Manager (August 2008-2014)
The Neurobehavioral Clinic, 2300 HWY 365 Suite 330, Nederland, Texas, 77627
● Educational Consultant (August 2009)
French Elementary School. 3525 Cleveland Beaumont, Texas 77703
● College for Kids Chemistry Instructor (June 2009)
Lamar State College-Orange
Instructor of a two-week chemistry laboratory course for students entering 4th – 7th grade. Activities
included hands on and virtual chemistry experiments.
● Adjunct Chemistry Instructor (August 2005 -2008)
Lamar State College- Port Arthur
Subject Matter: Chemistry for Allied Health lecture and lab (CHEM 1406 & 1406L); General Chemistry lecture and lab (CHEM1411 & 1411L).
● Director (March 2005-2007)
The Associates Tutoring Services
Subject Matter: Mathematics, Calculus, Statistics, Chemistry I & II, and Organic Chemistry I & II.
● Graduate Research Assistant (May 2004)
Research Duties: Investigate particulate matters using infrared spectroscopy and atomic absorption spectroscopy. PI: Dr. T.C. Ho
● Research Assistant (2001-2002)
The Center for Advanced Distance Education Technologies (CADET) Florida Atlantic University
Research Duties: Remote Labs Research. Conducted the statistical analysis for a Remote Labs research grant. PI: Dr. M. Hamza, Co-PI: Dr. B. Alhalabi
● Undergraduate Teacher Assistant (2001-2003)
Florida Atlantic University
Teaching Specialty: Chemistry
Courses of Interest:
Chemistry I & 2, Mathematics, and Statistics
Language of Delivery: English, Bi-lingual
Method of Delivery: Zoom Meeting
Duration: 4 Hours
More about me:
RESEARCH, PUBLICATIONS, & PROPOSALS
Title: Science Teachers’ Perceptions of the Effectiveness of Technology in the Laboratories: Implications for Science Education Leadership
Title: Investigation and Analysis of Air-Born Particulate Matter PM2.5-PM10 Composition in Southeast Texas Using Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy and Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy.
● Principle investigator (PI). Photochemical Treatment of Contaminated Water in the Rio Grande Region
A proposal submitted to the Texas Water Resources Institute. Yaseen, N. (2005)
● HPLC & Remote Labs
Remote Labs Chemistry Experiments (RLE). Research was conducted under the supervision of Dr. Bassem Alhalabi and Dr. M. K. Hamza, Departments of Computer Science & Engineering
& Educational Technology & Research. Florida Atlantic University. Boca Campus. (2003)
● Quantitative Analysis of Remote Labs & Distance Learning vs.Traditional Classroom Environments
Research was conducted under the supervision of Dr. Diaz, Professor, College of Education. Florida Atlantic University. Boca Campus. Yaseen, N. (2002), (2003)
● Chemistry and Diet
Paper Presentation at the First Annual Student Advisory Council-College of Education Research Symposium, FAU. Yaseen, N.K. (2002)
● Effective Science Teaching to Minorities
Research conducted and submitted to Dr. Diaz, Professor. College of Education. Florida Atlantic University. Yaseen, N.K. (2001-2003)
● Evaluation & Assessment of Chemistry Distance Learning Websites
Research Assistant to Dr. M. K. Hamza and Dr. B. A. Alhalabi. Collaborative research between the department of Educational Technology and Research and the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. Florida Atlantic University. Davie Campus & Boca Campus. Yaseen, N. (2001-2003)
● Remote Labs & Distance Education Statistical Analysis—Meta-Analysis
Research Assistant to Dr. M. K. Hamza, Assistant Professor, Educational Technology & Research. Florida Atlantic University.
Southeast Educational Research Association (SERA), New Orleans, LA. Yaseen, N., Hamza, M. K. (2010)
● Equity Audit of Access to the Dual-Credit Program at a Junior College Southeast Educational Research Association (SERA), New Orleans, LA. Sethna, B., Ozmun, C., Yaseen, N. (2010)
● Chemistry Laboratories: From traditional to Virtual
Lamar University Educational Research Conference. Beaumont, TX. Yaseen, N. (2009)
● Equity Audit of Access to the Dual-Credit Program
Lamar University Educational Research Conference. Beaumont, TX. Sethna, B., Ozmun, C., Yaseen, N. (2009)
● Round Table Discussion Panelist: Women &Terrorism International Conference on Terrorism in the Digital Age. Al -Hussein Bin Talal University. Amman, Jordan. (2008)
● Virtual Chemistry Lab Environment
International Conference on Terrorism in the Digital Age. Al-Hussein Bin Talal University, Amman, Jordan. Yaseen, N., Shahin, S., Hamza, M. K., El-Houbi, A, (2008)
● The Psychology of Media Bias: Impact on Arab-American and Muslim-American Communities in The USA.
International Conference on Terrorism in the Digital Age. Al-Hussein Bin Talal University, Amman, Jordan. Yaseen, N., Hamza, M. K., El-Houbi, A., Duncan, B. (2008)
● Logistic Regression Analysis of Students’ Attitudes Toward the Virtual Chemistry Lab Environment.
Lamar University Educational Research Conference. Beaumont, TX.
Paper was selected by Re viewers’ [Outstanding] Original Research for 2008. Yaseen, N., Shahin, S., Hamza, M. K., El-Houbi, A., (2008)
● Is Green the New Color of Academia?
Lamar University Educational Research Conference. Beaumont, TX. Yaseen, N., Shukla, S., Musaddaq, M. (2007)
● Remote Lab Environments (RLE): Real Experiments at a Distance in Science and Engineering.
3rd International Conference on Computer Science and its Applications (ICCSA-2005).
San Diego, CA. Full paper acceptance.
Yaseen, N., Shukla, S., Jordan, R., Hamza, M. K., Alhalabi, B., Abu-El Humos. (2005)
● Nanoscience and Technology: Innovative Educational Micro-scale systems.
Lamar University Educational Research Conference. Beaumont, TX. Yaseen, N., Shukla, S. (2005)
● Nanotechnology Education: Exploration and Possibilities!
Lamar University Educational Research Conference. Yaseen, N., Shukla, S. (2005)
● Distance Education & Chemistry: A Future of Creativity!
Full paper accepted for presentation at the 6th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics; SCI-2002. Orlando, FL. Yaseen, N., Jackson, M. (2002)
Dr. Niveen Yaseen